GOI-NATIONAL INITIATIVE FOR DEVELOPING AND HARNESSING INNOVATIONS (NIDHI)
National Initiative for Developing and Harnessing Innovations (NIDHI) is an umbrella programme conceived and developed by the Innovation & Entrepreneurship division, Department of Science & Technology, Government of India, for nurturing ideas and innovations (knowledge-based and technology-driven) into successful startups.
NIDHI-Entrepreneur-In-Residence (NIDHI-EIR) at TBI, TNAU, Coimbatore.
The Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi has approved the NIDHI EIR programme funding to TBI, Agribusiness Incubation Society, TNAU, Coimbatore from 2020-21.
The NIDHI-EIR programme provides tremendous opportunities for innovative entrepreneurs to expand their networks and get critical feedback on their ventures in order to promote their entrepreneurial career goals and aspirations.
- To encourage graduating student to take to entrepreneurship by providing support as a fellowship.
- To provide a prestigious forum for deserving and budding entrepreneurs to pursue their ventures without any additional risks involved in technology based businesses.
- To create, nurture and strengthen a pipeline of entrepreneurs for incubators
- To make pursuing entrepreneurship related to a technology business idea more attractive among options available career options.
- To enable creation of new start-ups by entrepreneurs and significant progress towards raising funding or investment.
Opportunities under NIDHI-EIR Programme:
- Guidance from experienced, innovative and highly successful entrepreneurs on the business concept, strategy or venture and insight into specific industries or markets.
- Best practices for starting a business and broaden the professional network.
- Co-working spaces for developing the idea into a marketable product. Objectives of NIDHI-EIR Support Programme.
Eligibility for an NIDHI-EIR support:
- The EIR applicant should be citizen of India. An Indian citizen is defined as one who is in possession of a government approved proof of nationality such as a valid passport, voter’s id etc.
- The EIR applicant should have completed
- Minimum 4 years of formal full time undergraduate/post graduate education towards one or more degree programme. Basic degree or diploma should be in science or engineering (OR)
- 3 years degree or diploma program and have 2 year full time work experience post degree or diploma. Basic degree or diploma should be in science or engineering.
- NIDHI-EIR recipients are expected to be committed to exploring a business idea.
- NIDHI-EIR seeking the support should demonstrate his ability to build a scalable technology business startup.
- NIDHI-EIR support recipient are expected to pursue their entrepreneurial aspirations full time. NIDHI-EIR cannot be concurrent with any other remuneration or fellowship.
- The NIDHI-EIR should be registered for the pre-incubation or incubation program at the TBI for the entire duration of NIDHI-EIR support.
Preference shall be given for
a) Business Ideas with larger technology uncertainties and/ or long gestation periods
b) Business Ideas leveraging technology or IP from publicly funded research or academic organizations
c) Business ideas with considerable potential for social impact
Entrepreneurs pursuing business ideas with no or marginal technology innovation or those with very short journey (i.e less than 6 months) to commercialization are discouraged to apply. NIDHI-EIR seeking support should have a formal business plan for the idea they intend to pursue and a business presentation including the investment proposal.
For more information : http://www.nidhi-eir.in/pdfs/NIDHI-EIR_guideline.pdf